|Name/Title||The 6th Japan-Korea Technical Conference on Sediment-Related Disaster Prevention|
|Venue: Country,City||Tokyo, Japan|
|Date||Oct 12, 2007|
From October 10 through October 12, 2007, the 6th Japan-Korea Technical Conference on Sediment-Related Disaster Prevention was held in Japan.
This conference has been held every year in Japan and South Korea alternately since 2002 to exchange information and opinions about measures for and researches on sediment disasters between Sabo (Erosion and Sediment Control) Department, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of Japan and Korea Forest Service, and to contribute to administration of Sabo and technical research and development in both countries. The conference was held in Sabo Kaikan in Tokyo on October 12. Before the conference, the participants went on an on-site inspection tour of Momijidani Garden Sabo in Hatsukaichi-City, Hiroshima, and of a Dutch dam under the control of Biwako Office of River, Kinki regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, and learnt the history of Sabo.
Conference Proceedings (Honorifics are omitted)
[Speech / Discussion]
1. "Mid- and Long-Term Perspective of Measures for Sediment Disasters"
2. "Policy Direction for Sabo Work in South Korea and Issues to be Solved for Future Development" Jong-Sun Kim
3. "Risk Management for Large-Scale Sediment Disasters"
4. "Study of International Standard System to Grasp Actual State of Sediment Disasters"
5. "History of Devastation and Restoration Efforts in South Korea"
6. "Study of Surface Layer Collapse Forecasting Method Considering Thickness of Soil Layers"
7. "Case Study of Sabo Work for Area Afflicted by Concentrated Rainfall"
8. "Observation of Total Amount of Flowed Sand in Abe River"
9. "Features of Landslides and Preventive Measures in South Korea"
Copyright © 2004 International Sabo Association. All rights reserved